Thursday, January 7, 2016

Thinking Thursday


Doesn't 'Thinking Thursday" just sound better than "Thinking Tuesday"?

so I have lots of opinions and thoughts.

so on Thursday's you will have to put up with them.

the 1st Thursday  I will choose a current or controversial topic and tell you my thoughts on it.  Sounds risky I know--but hopefully you will be able to see my view point on the issue and if you have a different view point you can (civilly) express that in the comments and we will learn from each other.

2nd Thursday: I want to share with you people who have influenced my life and how they did it.  They might be people I personally know, or famous people, or maybe total strangers.

3rd Thursday: Emergency Prepare:  I am not a crazy prepper--I am a wanna-be crazy prepper.  Seriously though I think we are loosing a lot of basic skills that are so important to know.  I also think food storage is a great thing, not because the world will end next week (I give it at least 15 more years :) )  but because food storage helps in so many ways--we will discuss that later.

4th Thursday:  How to do _________.  This is either something I have learned to do for one reason or another, or something I would like to learn to do.  I think knowledge is a powerful thing and we should never stop learning--we are living in an information era and You-Tube is an amazing school.   I can learn to do anything I want sitting in my own  home--so I will.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Why not start with a basic topic....


my blog my rules.

 I don't feel I am fanatical, nor am I out to injure, hurt, embarrass, or disgust people with my view points.  I just really like sharing different information and learning from others.

In my blog I will talk about Jesus Christ, Heavenly Father, and the Holy Spirit. If this deeply offends you, I am sorry, but not sorry enough to not talk about it.Will I slam you and say you are going to HELL if you don't believe as I do? Never.  In-fact, I am interested in knowing WHY you don't believe the way I do about an issue.  Not a rant filled with anger and hatred, but just an honest comment on your feelings and thoughts and personal views.

I won't loose sleep if you 'unfollow' my blog, because honestly I am writing this blog with the expectation of my sister and my mom reading it, and they are both busy, so I don't expect them to even read the whole thing.  If I say/express something that bothers you so much you unfollow me, I am sorry.

I had a theater teacher tell me "If something offends you, don't just shut down, find out WHY it offends you--what about it makes you uncomfortable."

Somethings are just offensive, plain and simple, but that statement has made me explore myself when I am offended -WHY I am offended? Sometimes it is because of the people I am with--they might be offended--other times it is because they are making light of something very personal to me, or maybe the ignorance they are showing towards a subject is so annoying I am offended.  

I think it is easy to spot someone who is just repeating what the media has spouted compared to someone who has actual thought about a subject, researched it, and come to their own conclusion.

So I will discuss issues that I think are kind of mild, like breastfeeding in public, and aliens, but there are times when I will discuss hotter topics, like the right to life support, immigration, and the death penalty.

One problem I have is I can see logic in both sides of most stories, so it is hard to be black or white on almost any subject. So I will post my thoughts, my opinions, my life experiences, and you will share yours and hopefully we will learn from each other, even if we don't change our minds about a topic.

That is the awesome thing about freedom of speech.


No comments:

Post a Comment