Friday, February 19, 2016

Bullet Journal 101



I have had a day planner since high school. I love it.

I have already done a post about my brain book.

So this year I bought a planner and what happens? I find an awesome way to do a day planner that doesn't require very much money and uses a very similar system I am already using, just smarter!

On Pinterest I have a 'Brain Book' section.  I happen to see a pin that looked really interesting so I clicked on it.

Bullet Journal---humm-- what is that?

It was as if I could almost hear angels singing.  OK not that dramatic, but something clicked in me.  I grabbed a blank notebook (cause I love notebooks and have about 4 blank ones right now laying around-and not just the school spiral notebook kind, but the cute ones) and I grabbed one of my special pens, and I have lots of those too.  I started in my folder a bullet journal.  I immediately messed it up (I really am not good with index's) so I changed it and made it work for me. No real index, but pictures in the upper corner so I can just flip the pages to find what I am looking for-- Oh, my menu--look for the spoon and fork in the corner, nope-that is my grocery list--oh the next one with the spoon and fork--yep here it is.

SO...

what is a bullet journal?

http://bulletjournal.com/

I am pretty long winded so just watch the video.  :)

I like to use a filofax, paper, day planner, and don't have a phone that could work as a brain book (hello I am still using a flip phone!)

But it just made sense to me.  I don't want to toss aside my day planner, so this year I will incorporate it into our day planner and make it work. Next year I will be making my own bullet journal-- :)


Now I write down the 10 most important things (and sometimes I add others I had forgotten about that are really important)  and I write everything else that comes up in my 'brain dump' page--a page where anything I want to do (bucket list stuff), anything I have to do (taxes) and anything I should do (plan kids year end school year end party) can go on the Brain dump page. Each week I scan that list and see if there is anything pressing I need to do.

I don't follow the markings exactly--I like to check boxes when I accomplish something--so I am changing it to make it work for me.

So now each day I am waking up and able to see what I feel are 10 things I need to accomplish. Today I had 19 things on my list I wanted to accomplish-- I checked off 13 of them. Some items are on my list because I SHOULD do them, but never find the time--I try to make those a priority when I accomplish my 1st ten most important things. Some days I get 30 things done cause they are easy and fast, other days I struggle to get 4 things done, but I keep working at it!

So now I feel Spiritually more balanced, Physically more energized, and more organized in my life and not just letting the days fly by and wondering what did I do all day!

See you tomorrow to see how I got more focused!


No comments:

Post a Comment