Thursday, February 18, 2016

Energy Flow and Body Flow


#2 Physical Exercise 

The next step happened because 3 things fell into place.

1. I had more energy
2. I stopped breastfeeding
3. My local small town exercise place started offering Spinning classes


Like I said yesterday, I was waking up not wondering when I could take a nap.  I was finding I had energy to accomplish stuff--it was pretty amazing.

My youngest (and last) turned a year old.  I really dislike breastfeeding, but that is a totally different post!, so the week my kids turn one I am finished breastfeeding them.  I also don't loose weight until I stop breastfeeding.  I might loose a few pounds those first few days, but then the rest of the weight hangs out until I stop--then I loose about 10 pounds in a month-- except this time.  Maybe it was a bigger baby, maybe it was my age-I am not sure why but I didn't loose any weight when I stopped breastfeeding that first month!

Now some of you will say "you have more energy cause you aren't breastfeeding".  True, that helped, but I had the energy work done about 2 months before I stopped breastfeeding and noticed a difference right away, so this step was about 3 months in the overall process.

I don't really enjoy exercising.  The only classes I have really like were Zumba and Spinning.  Zumba is kind of hard on this old body carting about 35-40 extra pounds and since I have had 4 kids, and my last two were both over 9 pounds my body just isn't what it use to be.  Jumping, butt kicks, knee lifts, jumping jacks, and many other zumba moves just don't work with my body yet.  Plus I don't choose to spend my money on child care when exercising and having an one year old at Zumba doesn't really work (even though our little town workout place is awesome about kids). I took Zumba in College and I had the best legs of my life after taking that class. It was awesome. I could shop in the kids section of JC Penny's--I actually did get a really cute skirt in the kids section! (I was the largest size in the kids section, but still!) 

SO now Physically...

1. I had more energy because of the energy work 
2. I was done breastfeeding
3. My husband works as a mechanic in our 'backyard' shop so he is able to watch the baby for 2 mornings a week for 45 minutes while I go to Spinning (my favorite workout).



I am only about 1 1/2 months in to spinning, but I am loving it again.  I will do another post on why I like it later.  Exercising makes you want to eat better, work out other days so you don't loose what you are working for, and TA-DA--gives you more energy.  It kicks your butt, it makes you sore, you still crave a nap some days, but when you are in 'go mode' your energy keeps up with you.

Next steps talk about getting your life in order so you can live successfully! 

see you tomorrow  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment