Saturday, February 20, 2016

Miracle Morning and Night Routine



Miracle Morning sounds so awesome--and then there is Night Routine--I just can't come up with a

'catchy' name for Night routine-- Nocturnal Reflections? Nighttime Contemplation?   Do you have any suggestions?

Anyways Miracle Morning is NOT MY idea.

While learning about this Bullet Journal (Bujo)  I kept running across people talking about their Level 10 Life.

So of course I googled it.  That led me to Hal Elrod which led me to a youtube video that is about one hour and twenty two minutes.  I watched the whole thing. I was really interested through most of it--a few times I was kind of thinking "get to the point", but I learned his Morning Miracle routine that he follows.

He has a book, but I haven't ordered it because I am loving the 21 day mom rescue--

But he talks about 7 steps you should do each morning to live the most successful life possible.  This is just a little blurb from his website.  But I have started doing these in the morning.
 It has only been 3 days so I can't be a success story, and I am not waking up earlier to do this, so I still have some steps to work out. But I am liking the results so far.   I hate when the font changes and now I can't figure out how to change it back-- But I am not going to let that stop me from finishing this! 
I am also working on a night time routine, maybe he has one in the book?  I will post that when I actually figure it out and start doing it.
But to make this work in my life I have modified it.  I like change--I change just about everything-- 
This is the order I do my morning routine. (after looking at his website it is a little different than the video I saw him do--I like the video way better)
1. Meditation:  I take a few minutes and just try to clear my head, sit in silence and quiet all the "you should be doing THIS or THAT right now".   After that I pray. 
2. Read: I then use this time to read the scriptures.  Right now I am reading it and marking ANYTHING that jumps out at me--they are pretty marked up (it is a 'free' Book of Mormon that we had), next time I read it I am reading it for speed--yet by March 12th I will read the Book of Mormon in 24 hours--I have a game plan, babysitters, and meals planned for that day. Its gonna happen! 
3. Visualization:  Part of the 21 Day Moms Rescue was to make a goal vision. I made my 1/2 a page big so I could slip it into my day planner.  I pull it out and look at it.  What do I feel I need to focus on today-what can I do to make one of those visions closer to reality?  
4.  Affirmations: I have never really been a fan of affirmations, but I have lived my life by a few sayings "bloom where you are planted" - "the best exercise for the heart is lifting overs"- and things like that.  I have been know to say "I can do hard things" when faced with a challenge and "all it takes is 10 seconds of extreme courage" (from the movie We Bought A Zoo  - and it has given me that extra boost of confidence I needed to accomplish something. 
I wondered how can those be different than daily affirmations?  They really weren't.  I am going to do another blog one day on why I think most affirmations don't work.
Right now I have a scripture and 3 sayings that I speak out-loud every morning.  I don't speak it into a mirror, but just whisper it to myself. 
5. Scribe/Write:  This is when I SHOULD do a quick blog, but right now I use this time to look over my Bujo to see what I have planned for the day.  I write down any impressions I have had that morning so far and then go into
6. Exercise:  I try to do 20-45 minutes.  Tuesday & Thursday I do Spinning class for 1/2 hour--the other 4 days (I don't work out on Sunday)--I try to switch it up so I am working different muscles and giving others a break.  I might do Zumba youtube videos, I might do a circut workout, I have a whole Pinterest board of different workouts to do--and about 10 work out videos to choose from. Yesterday I did Jillian Micheals (Biggest Loser) circut and spinning today-- tomorrow I will do some upper body cause my legs are feeling it!   

And that my friends is my Miracle Morning---
On Monday I will try to post about the 21 day Mom Rescue-- 
and guess what?! My goal to go to bed has been 10:30 and it is 10:29! 
Good Night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment