Monday, January 4, 2016

Clean Up Monday -- YAY!


So some Monday's are manic and some magical, but for some reason Mondays just are a fresh start and I am ready to put my house back in order from the weekend.


It hasn't always been that way.  I have come a LONG way in my housekeeping abilities.

Is it because my kids are older and they help more-- maybe, but they also make messes more.

Is is because I finally understand (but still struggle with) getting rid of clutter? YES!

Is it because I like a clean house, it feels more calm to me? YES

Is is because it is easier to get other projects accomplished when you aren't worried about cleaing a mess before starting a new one? YES

all these and more reasons.

Anyway---just like I did for Sunday, let me give you a rundown of how I envision Mondays looking.



1st Monday:  Plan  your Cleaning:  I am forever planning/reading on HOW to clean your house, and the  best schedule to use, but I never really put any into practice--so every 6 weeks or so I will try a new schedule of house cleaning.

2nd Monday: How I stay organized, my Brain book, and other helps. You will just have to read it every 2nd Monday to see what I am talking about!

3rd Monday: How to make our houses lovelier.  I read once about a lady that cleaned her house really well, saw how ugly it really was, and never cleaned it again.  I want to clean and beautify my living space.  Hopefully I can get something done every month to report to you :)

4th Monday: So my body needs cleaned up! I am not sure about you, but I am holding on to about 35 extra pounds since Monster was born and I need something to get rid of it.  I get tired of the same thing day in and day out, so I have made an exercise plan for the next 6 weeks, after that I will switch it up---Maybe knowing you are reading this will help me stay accountable!


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got this book called 'The Creation Plan' from my Mother-in-law "Glam-ma" and it talks about how God created the world and how we should organize ourselves in the same way.

Today I will start that method, and I will report back on how I feel it is working (or not working) for me.
This chart (taken from The Lightsome Life) is a basic understanding of The Creation Plan.
http://thelightsomelife.com/how-to-keep-a-clean-house-made-simple




If you are interested in Creation Plan cleaning with me for the next six weeks--here is a link to the Amazon page where you can buy your own.

http://www.amazon.com/Creation-Plan-Seven-Approach-Homemaking/dp/0877479615



No comments:

Post a Comment