Monday, January 11, 2016

My Brain Book


So most people call it a day planner, or filofax, but I have always called it my Brain Book!

When I have to much on my mind, or to many things going on I start losing things. Keys, phones, kids--ok so not kids, but you get it.

At the high school I went to they gave each student a Stephen Covey student planner.  I loved it.  It was great to have everything in one place.  I knew what was going on where I needed to be.

Once I graduated I would actually go back and I bought a day planner from my high school almost every year for 4 more years. I would print it off at the start of the year-- whole punch it, and put it in my small 3 ring binder.

After I got a little older I needed something that worked a little differently.

I bought different cheap planners all over, but nothing worked the way I thought it should, so I made my own.

I found a filofax facebook page and followed it.  I

My brain book has changed and adapted over the years and last year I felt I had a pretty good design for my planner, so of course when something works really well why not change it---

I decided to switch it up--because I like change and wanted to see if I could find an easier (but not cheaper) day planner--

This year I ordered "Mothers Who Know" day planner.  It is fantastic.  I couldn't believe how similar it was to the one I designed. This is a planner designed for the LDS mother. Here is a link
 http://intheleafytreetops.com/2016-mormon-mom-planner/

I will use it this year, but honestly after only 2 weeks in I feel like it isn't better than the planner I made.  I will incorporate a few things, but I think I will just go back to my own design.


Now that I have my new Day Planner--Brain Book-- I don't even know what I did with my old one--

Maybe I should focus a little more on keeping my house clean and organized and a little less on keeping myself organized on paper.

Story of my life!


No comments:

Post a Comment