Friday, January 8, 2016

Friday Fun



Where I live my kids don't have school on Friday.  This is a day we clean the house and try to have some fun.

Our income does not lend itself for expensive fun.  We don't have memberships anywhere (well cause there is no place around here for a membership), and we have to come up with creative ways to have fun.

so while this might not be FUN for you guys, these posts will be some of the more fun posts for me to write, and hopefully calm any feathers I may have ruffled on Thursday :)

Anyway--

1st Friday: Personal stories--Some of the subjects might see to overlap, but I am going to try really hard to separate them so each day is pretty unique in what I discuss and I won't tell the same stories over and over.

2nd Friday:  Favorite quotes-- these are quotes that I have heard or read and mean something to me.

3rd Friday: Inspirational Stories-- people are amazing, and I think every person has a story.  I want to share some inspirational stories with you.

4th Friday: Monthly Challenge-- I will post a challenge-- silly, serious, hard, or easy and I will do it before I report back--and want YOU to do  it too!


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Ok personal story.

I want everyone to know right off the bat I am not perfect!  I know it is a little shocking to learn that, but I am sure if you have ready any of my past blogs you already knew that.

I have 100 embarrassing stories--stories I keep telling my brain to stop remembering.

Like the time I dumped a huge bowl of soup all over a girl during lunch--it also dumped all over the display case and ruined a lot of food.  uggg.

Or the time I tried to play pool and look really cool, but just looked SO stupid--I don't drink so I can't blame alcohol.

or the time I asked my neighbor if your daughter was her daughter, or her husband's daughter--MY husband just looked at me and said "Amy! Both!"  Oh yeah---

How about the time my son decided to lift out my skirt in a very crowded theater.  Yep--that is a good one (that was about 6 months ago)

I am horribly forgetful, and I have lost more car keys than most people every own! or locked my keys in the car dozen of times, or had to just my car jump started because I left the lights on---all bring back great memories!

.

I could go on and on and on.

BUT

I want you to know this blog isn't about me being perfect, or setting myself up for praise. This blog is about being real so that maybe I can help you along your journey.

OK--here is the REAL story I was going to share with you.

As a blogger, I follow other bloggers. There is one blogger I follow who is pretty perfect.  She is gorgeous, her husband is good looking, her kids always look put together, hair done, matching clothing (and shoes).  Her photography is worth reading the blog for, but she does fun crafts, amazing activities, and one idea she came up with is ALL over Pinterest.  (How is the word Pinterest not in my computers dictionary?)

Anyway--

I got to meet her.  My family was eating at a restaurant where you serve yourself and go sit down, cafeteria style.

She walks in with her her beautiful family--they get their trays and head to their seats and this is what I observed.

She was walking confidently in the lead. She has great shoes on, a beautiful outfit and is smiling.  I look behind her.  Her husband (while looking very handsome) is trying to balance 2 trays while his young daughter is pulling on his arm. She is angry she can't have her food NOW!  Her other kids are bickering and scowling at each other.  They weren't perfect!

It was really nice to see reality. Even when she would post "bloopers' or 'oops, how did I take that picture" the family looked perfect.

People ONLY know what you put online. They see YOU as you present yourself.  I could pretend we are well-to-do and I never run out of energy, but the truth is we struggle with money and I love naps.  Everyone is human.

I never want someone to see me in public and think "oh well her blog is a total lie" (which I don't think that ladies blog is a lie, just polished up a bit).

So I have no problem pointing out my flaws or showing you how un-perfect, my perfect life is.





No comments:

Post a Comment