Wednesday, September 17, 2014

9/17/2014- Day 53: Baby weight

This morning I woke up to an old friend I haven't seen in a while.
My double chin.

I can't say I have missed it, but this time around it seem to come early. 
With my other pregnancies, it seemed to show up in the last couple weeks, along with my pop out belly button (my belly button popped out at about 3 months)!

But this hasn't been like my other pregnancies.  It has been much harder.
I really can't complain. I don't have morning sickness and I am a really healthy person, but man! This one is kicking my bum!



This was two weeks after having Squirt.  I gained weight in the hospital, even after having an almost 7 pound baby, cause of the IV fluid and the c-section. How many people can say they GAIN weight after having a baby! Sheesh! 

1.  I am older.  I had Squirt 9 years ago.  I think a 20 something body handles stuff better then a 30 something body (how do older woman handle having babies?)

After having Firecracker.  I hold on to my baby weight till after I am done breast feeding.  So for a year I only loose about 5 pounds--then when I wean it starts to SLOWLY come off.


2. This is my 4th.  My body ain't what it use to be!  Seriously the week I found out I was pregnant my body went from looking 'normal' to looking about 3 months pregnant (even though I was only 3 weeks!)  I think that your body says "Oh yeah, I remember this" and accelerates the process of looking pregnant, which doesn't help the mom cause she just feels/looks further along then she is. 

After my dad's accident and when he passed away I lost weight.  I did have a few other personal issues with some other friends I was dealing with too.  It was because of the stress I lost it.   In this picture I weighed less then I had in about 10 years. (2009)


3.  I have had a lot going on since about month 4 of this pregnancy.  I left a job, moved a family of 5 internationally, I have had company on and off since arriving home (at least 3 weeks I have had family staying with us), I have cleaned my house thoroughly, I have been going through all our stuff in storage, I have had a yard sale, my oldest got baptized, tending a garden-canned peaches, pears, frozen green beans and corn, dealt with a yard about an acre large, got about 15 chickens,and I have been sick on and off since I got home.  This last head cold-now sinus infection- has really hit hard.  


This was hours after having Little Man.  I felt great and he was so big (over 9 pounds) I knew I was going to loose weight quickly--right? WRONG!  YUG!  I even joined a Zumba class a few weeks after Little Man was born--I worked out 5 times a week (3 days Zumba-2 days circut strength training) for 6 weeks --  I lost a whooping 3 pounds.  I told you my body just holds the weight until after I wean!



The photographer did a great job of hiding my double chin, but after 2 weeks I had a bigger double chin then before!   It takes me about 2 years to get back to 'goal weight'.  It seems like when I almost get there I end up preggo again!  




Maybe one day I will take an actual current picture of myself--(which I should have been researching video cameras/still camera's instead taking so much time doing this blog post--oh well!) 

I tell people "this must be Heavenly Fathers way of telling me to stop having kids. He makes it so miserable that you never want to do it again!"  I KNOW that is NOT TRUE, but some days if feels like it!

The best thing about this pregnancy-I have older kids who can get themselves ready for school, a totally helpful husband, a super helpful family close by, and the miracle of being pregnant.  
Even if this little guy already kicks and punches so hard it causes me to yelp a little, I know this is a blessing/miracle and I am grateful for it! 



No comments:

Post a Comment