Wednesday, September 24, 2014

9/24/2014 -- Day 46 -- Fairy Hour



In Colorado we have beautiful sunsets.  I know everywhere has them, but I really love the glowing orange and pink colors the sky turns with the beautiful bluish purple mountains under it all.




I think this is a painting, but honestly this is what the sky looked like tonight.
The kids and I were out moving the wood pile closer to the house and then picked some of our apples (which there are hundreds of them!  Applesauce, apple juice, apple jelly/jam, dried apples, apple pie filling, any other suggestions on what to do with Apples?).

The girls and I call this 'fairy hour'.  There is something magical about this time of the day.  It gives me a boost of energy and when everything kind of glows nature calls to me (not in the bathroom kind of way), but that I need to be out in it and experience the special feeling this short time holds.

BUT, fairy hour seems to happen at the same time dinner hour happens.  I need to work on having dinner a little earlier so we can take a walk as a family in this magical time and enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment