Sunday, September 14, 2014

September 14th--day 55



SO weekends are a little hard for me.  This weekend (Saturday) we had a great yard sale and got rid of stuff!  We still had WAY to many boxes left over, but we were giving away stuff--and it felt great to see it disappear!!

We had a another yard sale before we left for Korea and at the end this lady wanted some flowers (silk) that I had,  she wouldn't pay the price I wanted and instead of thinking--"OK I will get a dollar for this" I donated it for free!

This was NOT smart thinking!  Why not get a dollar instead of giving something away for free?

Yes my logic was not in tact that day--BUT I learned and I put that knowledge to use at this yard sale.

People couldn't believe when I would tell them---"EVERYTHING on this table and those boxes are free"  or they would load up a big box and I would say "how about $2.00"

I was not in this to make money, but to have thing go away!  I was very happy when I double the amount I expected to make (which was not very much in the first place).

So that is a short story of my yard sale!


No comments:

Post a Comment