Thursday, September 18, 2014

9/18/2014--Day 52 The dreaded TO DO list



Ever feel like you just never get your 'to do' list any shorter?

I have tried lots of things--

-Only write down the most important 6 things to do that day
-Make a list and categorize them by ---important and urgent--urgent but not important--important but not urgent--and not important and not urgent.
-categorize by subject--phone calls to make, people see, places to go...
-make one big master list
and so on and so on.


So on those days when I feel like I have a TON to do--I do write a master list, and choose which 6 are most important to me.  From there I try to get that list done, but I also write down everything I did get done.  Even if it wasn't on the list.  I might cross off 3-6 things a day, but I seem to add 6-10 new things!

My husband thinks it is so funny that I put WAKE UP at the top of my to do list (when I write it for the next day).  I think that at least I am starting the day with getting one thing on my to do thing accomplished (I hope anyway!).

Crossing off my to do list is very rewarding to me, but it must not be the MOST rewarding because I rarely cross off my whole list and if it was so important to me I would do everything I can to cross off that list.

So what is my to do list for tomorrow?  (Ye be warned--my last blogs have ALL been bogged down by my famous to do (or my 'have accomplished' lists)

1. Grocery Shopping                 8:15
1.5. Make salad for a funeral dinner  (deliver it by 3:00)
2. Help the kids school do a banner for homecoming parade     9:30
3. Turn my crabapples into juice
4. Freeze my corn on the cob
5. Go to the homecoming Parade and film it for the hubby     1:00
6. Call the hospital about my upcoming baby
7. Clean up house so it is clean for the weekend

Anyway--

how to you keep up with your TO DO list?
what seems to ALWAYS be on there? (for me -- ALWAYS 'clean the kitchen')
how do you prioritize?



No comments:

Post a Comment