Sunday, September 28, 2014

9/28/2014--Day 42 -- the first step



I am often petrified by doing the first step of anything.

For example.  I picked apples last week, but I have never made apple sauce (I watched/helped a girl do it once), and so the apples sit on my counter slowly getting softer and softer.

Why---because getting the nerve up to just do it is really hard for me.

Some things I dive right in and try it --moving to Korea, face painting, writing a book (but never getting anything published), -- more 'creative' things are easier for me.

One thing else I have noticed.  When I finally do the thing I have been dreading or putting off I figure out that really isn't as hard as I have built it up to be.  Especially with canning stuff--it isn't hard, just time consuming.

Do you ever get stuck at the first step?  How do you find the motivation, will, or calmness to just do it?

Sorry such a short post today, but that is the way it goes.

PS: I have the apple sauce maker all set up, the jars almost ready to sanitize, and yet I am wasting time on the internet--one more way to postpone that first step of just making the apple sauce already!!

No comments:

Post a Comment