Thursday, October 23, 2014

10-23-214 -- Day 16 -- Once a month cooking


Yesterday was a very frustrating day for me!  Today will be better, but still frustrating!

I am a planner so when things don't go according to plan I am upset!

I planned to do once a month cooking with my sister in law.

She is getting foot surgery and I am having a baby so we won't be really up for helping each other very much, so we figured this would be a good thing to do.

BUT my calculations are all messed up!  I planned on making about 20 different meals and being able to make 4 of each, but we are only coming up with 2 of each!

I don't know where I went wrong.

The good thing is we will both end up with about 20 meals in our freezer for easy access, but the frustrating part is it isn't 40!!

Last time I did this I was really organized and it worked out perfect. Very little left overs--the right amount of stuff for each meal, but this time we have a TON of hamburger left, we ran out of other stuff, and things like that.

Today we will finish assembling the meals--yesterday we assembled some of them--but we cooked all the meat, washed and chopped all the veggies, and worked from 9:30 am till 8:30 pm--that included clean up.  I was TIRED last night.  Today we should be finished by early afternoon!

Oh well...you live and you learn.  I will have to cook up some meat so I will have meat enough for a few more meals--cause that is the hardest part of the meal for me, is getting the meat out and cooked.


I just noticed I have a little more than 2 weeks left!! YAY!  But man I have a lot to do in 2 weeks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment