Tuesday, October 7, 2014

10/7/2014 -- Day 33 -- Stolen bikes



yesterday I heard Pepper come home from school before I saw her.  She was BAWLING!

I thought she was hurt and had wretched her bike, so I was really confused when she said something about her bike, but she looked fine.

Finally I understood what she was saying

"My bike was stolen!  It is gone!"

Poor girl was heartbroken!

This bike is sentimental to both her and her dad.  Lucas put this bike together from pieces of old bikes his cousins and grandma had one summer.  He worked hard to put it together as a young boy.  This summer he and Pepper worked together to put new tires and stuff like that on it.

I thought, looking at it, no one would ever steal it.  We live in a small town--I haven't really seen any of the other bikes locked up so I thought theirs (being some of the oldest/not nicest bikes) would be ok--  I guess I was wrong.

Sedona thought she had an activity at the church (it is on Wed.) so she gave Pepper her bike to ride home--and she walked across the street to the church...only to figure out it wasn't today, so she started walking home.  She found the bike stashed behind a tree on the way home.

Pepper was so happy!  Life is good and the girls won't be riding the bike till I can find the lock we bought for it in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment