Thursday, October 2, 2014

10/2/2014--day 38 -- I'm Sorry



I loved this video.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzL-vdQ3ObA

can't figure out the link--just copy and paste or look up Not Sorry Pantene

My sister in law said when she first started watching it she felt her guard go up cause people should be polite, but after watching the WHOLE video (it isn't that long-l minute) she liked it.

I totally agreed with her.  I felt the same way the first time I watched it.  While I am not a fan of "sorry-NOT sorry" and would never use that phrase (I bet I start using it now), I do like the way it shows women being strong, still polite, and not looking so weak.

I tried very hard today to not use "I'm sorry" unless I really needed to--like when I hit my Little man in the head with my belly causing him to fall (I didn't know he was right behind me and this belly sticks straight out) that does get an I'm sorry--stuff like that.

My Little Man apologizes all the time already. He is 3.  He has no reason to apologize most of the time he actually does.  It actually makes me a little sad to see him do it, cause I can see how people must perceive me a little more.

So this week is the end of the I'm Sorry's and the start of embracing stronger language--oh man, that doesn't sound right, but you know what I mean--Sorry!  ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment