Thursday, October 16, 2014

10/16/2014 -- day 24-- field trips and home schooling


Last week we were suppose to go with the home school group to the dairy, but it was cold and rainy and muddy and miserable!  So it was rescheduled for today.

Today was beautiful. A little wind, but nothing unbearable.

So I take Little Man to the diary and we walk through the first room.  Oh no! It smells of milk and cows.  To say that my prego stomach flipped a little is an understatement.  I was getting worried I wouldn't be able to handle it, but we soon entered the room where the cows were milked and while it smelled horrible, I knew I could handle it.

BUT little did I know that Little Man didn't like the smell and HE threw up the small box of nerds he had just eaten.  The diary guy was really kind and said "good thing it happened in here so we can just wash it down with all the cow stuff."

We quickly exited and I asked if Wheeler wanted to see the baby calfs being fed.

"No, so stinky mom, lets go home!"

He had been SO excited to see the cows, and he hates going home, so I knew he really didn't like the smell.  He has been fine since then and I really think the smell just got to him.  So much for raising a rancher.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will be removing my kids for the last three weeks of school in November, and since Thanksgiving is the last week and at our school we have a big Junior Carnival to help the Juniors raise money for Prom, the last week of school is really nothing.

I will be homeschooling them for two weeks.  It takes me a lot of prep to home school kids.  I have decided if we home school again for a longer amount of time I will just order a program, but since it is only for two weeks I am just making my own, again.

I was going to go into detail, but honestly I am just to tired tonight.  Maybe when I finally finish my brain book I will tell about my homeschooling.



No comments:

Post a Comment