Monday, October 6, 2014

10/06/2014--day 34 -- birthday



Today is my incredible husbands birthday!

He is 35 and still a total hottie!  His hair is grayer (but longer), but his body is still almost the same (if not better) than when I met him.

Not only that but we have learned to live and let each other live so we can be happy.  Let me tell you that has taken me (and him) a LONG time to figure out.  It didn't come easy and life was not always happy, but now it is beautiful.

He is really is amazing.  Before I started seriously dating (ok, so maybe Lucas was the ONLY guy I only seriously dated), I wrote a list of 100 qualities I wanted in a man.  Lucas met MOST of them--maybe he didn't love musicals, or he couldn't play the piano while I sang, but I knew some of my list was negotiable.

BUT some things weren't.

I wanted a man who loved God and Jesus more than me, but not by much.  While he isn't the most 'churchy' he is way more spiritual than most people know.  He has a strong understanding of who he is and isn't willing to compromise that for anyone.

I wanted a man who was a good father.  While he parents VERY differently then me, he is an amazing parent.  He is consistent, has high expectations, and loves the kids so much.  He is a great example to me and how I can be a better parent every time I watch him interact with them.

OK--I could go on and on, but as you noticed I have missed a few days -- these days have been very long--nothing bad, just I am very prego and they have been busy so I am worn out!

See you tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment